Istria Deluxe is a holiday company providing large luxury villas in Istria, Croatia to discerning clients worldwide.
Istria Deluxe’s owner was keen to update the main website in time for the next holiday season and encourage more bookings. The existing website had been developed in 2008, and whilst it had a great design and features for the time, it had begun to look out of date against it’s main competitors.
Website Design and Development
Spirit answered the brief by providing a website design that is fresh, modern and feature rich, to become a vital company asset and business tool well into the future.
- Large quality photography presented immediately on first view of site, showcasing the best features of the villas
- Bright, dynamic colour-coded scheme for each main area of site – e.g. features, availability
- Addition of dynamic ‘widgets’ on the home page and beyond, to draw visitors to other areas of the site such as Reviews, Location, Other Villas and Special Offers
- Key call to actions placed at prominent locations throughout site such as ‘View Availability’, ‘Book Now’ and ‘Contact Us’
- Custom booking form whereby the site visitor can see immediately which dates are available and book online.
- Integrated booking management system at the back end for the site owner to manage bookings
- Minimal disruption to Google positions after go live and 301 redirects completed
This resulted in:
- 35% increase in website visit duration
Rachel then undertook a Google Adwords campaign to create leads for bookings during the main booking season of January to May.
- Review of previous campaign
- Removing too broad ad groups / keywords
- Increasing number of ad groups to more specific keywords
- Improved ad text to encourage action
This resulted in:
- 72% decrease in ad spend
- 55% increase in click through rates
- Average ad position increased from 2.5 to 1.7